Sunday, February 13, 2005

Using the new AudioBlogger feature

this is an audio post - click to play


This was my 2nd attempt using Blogger's new AudioBlogger feature. It's pretty neat! Listening to a bit of my recording of 'Beam me in, Scotty', it's obvious I could afford a little practice (a bit monotone, wouldn't you say?), but not too bad for a first try.

The sound quality was actually quite good, considering that it was recorded over a portable telephone! All one needs to do is dial a special number (I'm waiting for the long-distance charges!), and by following the prompts one can then begin recording a 5 minute segment of audio (which is why the essay was broken up in 3 pieces...as it took me about 12 minutes to read).

I don't know how often I'll make use of this, but I certainly see its possibilities in recording and posting interviews to my blog. Now...if I only knew someone interesting.....

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:45 PM

    Norm:
    It works and your voice is melodious. What a great idea! I totally deny being prejudicial in my comment.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete